This lush orange vinaigrette dressing is perfect for a summer’s day when you want that zingy, fresh feeling on your vegetables, without any heaviness of any oils. Perfect for cleansing or detoxing.
Feeling Vata: you do best without the wasabi and the cayenne but can crank up the lemon juice and the maple syrup.
Feeling Pitta: go easier on the spice, too hot is not good for you.
Feeling Kapha: you can turn up the spice a bit and add more of the cayenne for a metabolism boost.
- 1/2 cup orange juice freshly squeezed
- 2 clementines, satsumas or other small seedless oranges, peeled
- 2 x medjool dates, chopped
- 1 x tablespoon chia seeds or flax seeds (leave out if on a fat-free cleanse)
- 1 x teaspoon fresh ginger root chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut aminos (optional, leave out if on a cleanse)
- 1 x garlic clove
- 1 x pinch of salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 x teaspoon wasabi powder (optional)
- 1 x pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 x teaspoon of maple syrup
- 1 x teaspoon of lemon juice
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend at high speed until smooth.
- Taste and add additional seasonings as needed (salt, pepper, maplesyrup).
- Allow to stand at least 10 minutes to thicken slightly and let the flavor develop.