This green smoothie will land in your mouth like a bomb and you will be so pleased it did! It tastes so good you’ll wonder what’s the catch.
Well, let me tell you there ain’t one. Just happy cleansing veggies, sweet fruity energy for your liver and absolutely no nasties! Turn it up, get stuck in and ENJOY your green Godess of Love.
I love this smoothie as a great mid-day pick-me up when I’m having that afternoon slump. Instead of a coffee I’ll make myself this yummy potion and BAM, I am revived and ready to get on cracking with my day.
Dates: high in potassium, vitamin A and fibre, dates boost energy naturally. Use dates during the day as great pick me up instead of greabbing a coffee or caffeinated tea. Great for people with anemia, a handful of dates a day can help: only a handful contains around 1mg of this necessary mineral.
Celery: celery and celery juice like in this smoothie has powerful anti-inflammatory properties. Plus its super high mineral content is a super-bug cleanser, cleansing through your digestive tract like its no tomorrow. Whilst at the same time providing healing to the sensitive lining of your digestive tract.
Spirulina: spirulina is my go to natural multi-vitamin. It’s more nutrient dense than any other plant on the planet boosting a variety of vitamins and minerals. It’s also brim packed with protein and B12, which makes it a great food for anyone on a vegetarian and especially vegan diet. On top of that spirulina is a great detoxifier, cleansing your body of nasty heavy metals and even radiation. Organic hawain grown spirulina is the best quality you should look out for.
Vata: This smoothie is great for you, just make sure you soak the dates and that you stew your fruits properly.
Pitta: Enjoy this smoothie but leave out the following ingredients: banana and spinach. Simply use more mango and more leafy greens of your choice instead.
Kapha: You can enjoy this smoothie but leave out the banana and the dates. If very heavy in kapha omit the mango also You can use two apples instead of just one, and load up on double the greens.
Bombtastically Sweet – Yet Healthy Smoothie Godess
Bombtastically Sweet - Yet Healthy Smoothie Godess
This green smoothie will land in your mouth like a bomb and you will be so pleased it did; and it tastes so good you'll wonder what's the catch.... well, let me tell you there ain't one. Just happy cleansing veggies, sweet fruity energy for your liver and absolutely no nasties! Turn it up, get stuck in and ENJOY your green Godess of Love.
I love this smoothie as a great mid-day pick-me up when I'm having that afternoon slump. Instead of a coffee I'll make myself this yummy potion and BAM, I am revived and ready to get on cracking with my day.
- 1 x large banana (or 2 small ones), chopped
- 2 x dates (soaked in water for at least 8 hours), chopped
- half a mango (I usually have sliced frozen mango from the supermarket in the freezer, and use a good handful of cubes), chopped
- half an apple, chopped
- 2 x celery stalks
- handful of spinach
- handful of leafy greens that I have at hand (lettuce, lambs lettuce, kale, spinach, etc.)
- handful of fresh coriander leaves
- 1 x teaspoon spirulina powder (or 3-4 tablets)
- 1 x tablespoon good quality organic barley grass powder
- 2 x tablespoons of shredded coconut
- 1 x thumb-nail size pice of ginger
- 1 x teaspoon full of raw honey
- half a teaspoon of date syrup
- sprinkle of sea salt
- optional: dash of cinnamon
- optional: dash of ground cardamom
- Start by adding the chopped banana, the mango pieces, the dates and the chopped apple to a heavy bottom sauce pan. Add a little water to cover the bottom. Cover and cook on low heat for about 10 to 15 minutes or until all the fruit is cooked through, especially the apple.
- Once the fruit pieces are cooked through, take them from the pan and add to a high-speed blender or a smoothie maker and blend on high.
- Then add all the remaining ingredients (these stay all raw, only the fruit gets cooked) to the cooked fruit mix in the blender, again blend on high and Voila - ready is your greeny godess smoothie.
- Serve in a nice, large glass, drizzle with some date syrup: ENJOY!