This delicious grain-free smoothie bowl is super nourishing, especially on a cold winter’s day.
If fruits and smoothies are not your thing and you also don’t like ‘Porridge & Co’., try this bowl as a very healthy breakfast alternative. It’s also great for people who experience food allergies and sensitive bellies from grains and pseudo-grains, as this yummy bowl totally delivers as a filling meal that keeps you going all morning, completley grain-free.
- 2 x medium sized carrots, chopped
- 1 x sweet potato, chopped into small pieces
- 2 x dates, dried (best soaked in water overnight)
- 250ml of water
- 1 x tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 x teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- seeds of 2 x cardamom pots, or alternatively 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- optional: 1/2 teaspoon orange extract or 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 x pinch of salt
- 1 x teaspoon of olive oil (leave out if doing a cleanse)
- handful of walnuts, soaked best overnight (leave out if doing a cleanse)
- Steam the carrots for 5-10 minutes until soft
- Cook the sweetpotatoes until soft (usually between 15-20 minutes).
- If you're not on a cleanse, roast the walnuts in a pan until fragrant
- Once the vegetables are cooked, add the veg, the walnuts and the rest of the ingredients into a hight speed blender, and blend until smooth. Maybe add a little water if needed in case mixture is too thick (if on a cleanse leave out the nuts and the oil).
- Taste and season with more cinnamon, maple syrup and salt, if needed.
- If not on a cleanse, top with roasted nuts of your choice, edible flowers or toasted seeds suitable for your dosha.